Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apple Bans Hackers

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/02/16/apple-bans-hackers-from-app-store/

Apple has been banning hackers from accessing their App Store on their iPhones due to security reasons. If I understand this correctly, it means that Apple is putting a stop to iPhone thieves. The bad thing about having an iPhone is that their is no insurance for it, which is mainly the reason as to why I do not have one yet. I am much too irresponsible when it comes to my cell phones, so there is no way that I could get a phone that doesn't have insurance. Apple is basically blocking people from accessing other peoples accounts, which is good.

It isn't likely that someone is getting denied access from their own account because they forgotten their passwords, or exceeded their limit, if that were the case iPhone users would be able to access an App called iForgot that allows them to get it again. So if it really is your iPhone and Apple ID that is being denied from Apple, it is because they are trying to protect your personal information and I'm sure they realize that there are hackers that could figure out a way around this, but it just makes it that much harder.

I think that Apple and At&t should spend less money on ads (which is roughly $500 million a year!) and figure out a way to make cell phones, like their blackberry's and iPhones harder to steal. Hackers make it their goals to get into the system, and other peoples personal information. At&t has a major flaw, in my opinion because they make it all the easier to steal a phone from someone because all it takes it for you to put your sim card in another sim cards slot. I think they did this for the easy access and less hassle it allows us buys to have, and being a At&t user I do agree, however I have had my phone stolen one time too many and the fact that I know that someone just got a new phone, without hassle or any problems really makes me mad.

3 comments:

  1. The concept of advertising within a video game definitely conjures thoughts of non-traditional marketing. However, I feel that much like other traditional/non-traditional methods of advertising, context as well as approach is key. For instance, McDonalds in a mid-evil game setting would be inappropriate, but a character or "clan" brandishing the McDonald's logo on their chests/shields may be more acceptable. Absurd; yes, doable; definitely. It's all about context and approach. Obviously the bright yellow and red may stand out a bit much in a dusty-rustic-feeling game setting, but the colors can be "dirtied", if you will, or the characters merely running a meat stand in the middle of a market. As much as gamers rush through games to see what happens next or level up, they also go through very meticulously once a games been beaten in order to discover hidden items, cheats, glitches, or even quirky oddities. Take Grand Theft Auto Vice City for example, there is an exact replica of the hotel room from the movie Scarface where the chainsaw seen happened, PLUS, the chainsaw is located in the bathtub. Make the users want to find the ads, don't through them in their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve said some pretty intense comments up there. I'm not sure if i even understand most of them (lol). However, I don't have an iPhone for the same reason as you, no insurance. My sister actually bought one about a year ago, and all of a sudden it stopped working. The only thing Apple was able to do was give her a used phone, which now is having more problems than she's had before. In addition, I know so many people who are able to hack into iPhones. I know plenty of people who bought the iPhone from someone else and hacked it as a T-Mobile account. As we know, T-Mobile currently does not sell iPhones. AT&T is the only one. So it is kind of crazy what people can do to a phone, and Apple still doesn't want to insure it. I think they have to figure something out because I'm a Blackberry user, and I don't think I will ever switch to iPhone.

    ReplyDelete